Saturday, July 12, 2008

My very first blog!

Today is July 12, 2008 & I am blogging for the first time- I know, I know I am sooooooo behind w/ everything. I have not blogged before b/c typically I am a pretty private individual. So this is more so I can reflect on all the different daily events that have been taking place recently. You see during the last year and half my life has taken on a different and deeper meaning--I became a mommy to the sweetest little man I think I have ever met!
For years my husband and I tried to get pregnant. I had thought that it would very easy for me to become pg b/c thankfully I had always been the picture of good health- no female issues at all, normal cycles.. all systems go! To make a extremely long, painful, hellish story short- several IVF cycles and tens of thousands dollars down the drain I still could not get or I should say STAY pregnant.
Fast forward to early fall 2006- we made the decision to talk to an adoption professional about the ins and outs of the adoption world. Within 3 weeks we were matched w/ our son's birth parents. January 4, 2007 the most amazing little boy was born- The most beautiful 8# 9oz I had ever laid eyes on. I could not believe that I was lucky enough to be his Mommy. Aside from my wedding day- this was THE BEST day of my life.
Now here we are 18 months later and my son, Coleston has taken my heart and stored it away forever. I thank God everyday for him- he has been a true blessing to our family. He is very healthy and smart as a whip! My love for him is so strong & I want him to always know that he is loved by so many people.
Especially me, his Mommy... he is my dream come true!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Congrats on starting your first blog. You will soon be addicted. :) I hope you enjoy looking back on good/bad times and your thoughts through those times. I know I have. I can't wait to be posting about my son like you are! We are matched and emom who is due with a boy in Sept. I'm from the adoption boards too and you can see my blog if you click on my name. Good luck and let me know if you have any questions figuring stuff of! :)